How to Make a Homemade Easter Gift Basket
Making a homemade Easter basket may seem like an old-fashioned idea, but it can be a lot of fun for both individuals and families. This kind of craft project can be a great way to get your creativity flowing, encourage people to spend time together, and create a beautiful work of art!
The expert basket creators at The Sweet Basket share their love and passion for their craft with these fun and cool ideas to help you make your own Easter baskets. Worried you won’t be able to find the time? The Sweet Basket offers a wide variety of Easter gift baskets for your convenience!
Ideas for a DIY Easter Basket
Get your craft supplies ready to bring these Easter basket ideas to life! There are all kinds of ways to make a great DIY Easter basket with materials such as:
- Cardboard & Paper: You can make a basket from recycled materials or print out a design already made for you. If you make a paper Easter basket, be sure to use thick stock paper, so it keeps its form.
- Crochet: If you already know how to crochet, making a basket to hold Easter candy could be a fun and challenging project. And the basket can be reused afterward for toys and other items around the house!
- Mason Jars: Upcycle your mason jars and other transparent containers into a basket. With googly eyes, pipe cleaners, markers, and glue, you can decorate it with Easter icons, such as the Easter Bunny himself, chicks, eggs, and spring colours. A jar can be a good way to prevent younger children from grabbing Easter goodies while your back is turned.
- Felt: Create a clever Easter basket with scissors, felt, and a hot glue gun. The baskets will be a little more sturdy than a cardboard basket, which can be great if you’re hosting an Easter egg hunt for kids.
- Metal: Are you a gardener? Look around your house or shed to see if you have any planters that you don’t use anymore. You can spruce it up with some paint and Easter decorations to fill it with sweet treats.
- Wicker: If you have a plain wicker basket lying around, you can transform it with ribbon, stickers, pom poms, and other decorations that can easily be removed so you can use the basket over and over.
A great example of a basket that could inspire your DIY project is our Easter Fun gift basket. It comes in a reusable pastel-coloured container that can hold a large amount of goodies, including:
- Godiva milk chocolate
- Solid milk chocolate bunnies
- Easter chocolate pralines
- Lindt double milk chocolate eggs
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Chocolate foil mini eggs
Once you’ve got your lovely basket or multiple baskets ready, it’s time for the fun part: Filling the gift baskets!
What to Put in Easter Baskets
Kids have their preferences when it comes to sweets, so be sure you know what they like or offer a good variety. Lindt and Laura Secord are popular names in the chocolate industry, so if your kids, friends, or co-workers talk about them a lot, you know what to give them!
Our Lindt Spring Festival basket includes:
- Lindt milk chocolate bunny
- Lindt dark chocolate bunny
- Lindt eggs
- Laura Secord Organic Breakfast Blend tea
- Laura Secord Organic green tea
No Easter basket is complete without little bunnies, chocolate eggs or candy eggs. A stuffed Easter Bunny is also a fan favourite for young or old. Take, for example, our Spring Treats basket. In addition to having a plush bunny rabbit, this cute basket has:
- Lindt milk chocolate caramel eggs
- Easter vanilla cookie
- Milk chocolate solid bunny
- Milk chocolate caramel solid bunny
- Marshmallow Peeps
Along with the Easter staples, you can add other items, from jelly beans to cookies to an Easter-themed colouring book to a rosary. An Easter basket doesn’t have to contain only sweet treats. It can have fun activities, such as an Easter Bunny watercolour set or educational DVDs about Christianity.
Order an Adorable Easter Basket Today
Surprise your family at Easter brunch with your own baskets. But if you don’t have time to make your own Easter baskets, we’ve got you covered! When you order one of our baskets, you have the option of adding a complimentary card.